Member City and Customer CenterAbout NTMWDEmployment OpportunitiesWater QualityHome
Water System
Wastewater System
Solid Waste System
About Our Wastewater System



The NTMWD provides wastewater conveyance and treatment services to protect public health and the environment. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality establish the water quality standards for wastewater discharges to protect the environment of the receiving waterways. The treated wastewater, known as effluent, is discharged into local waterways where it is used again to supply drinking water, irrigate golf courses, and sustain aquatic life.

 

NTMWD owns and operates four regional treatment facilities that provide secondary and/or tertiary level treatment services. In addition to the regional facilities, NTMWD operates an additional ten smaller treatment plants that are included in NTMWD’s Sewer System.

 

NTMWD’s Regional Wastewater System and Sewer System treated over 38 billion gallons of wastewater during the 2014-2015 Operations Year (October 2014 - September 2015). Of the total wastewater treated, 82% received treatment at one of the four regional wastewater treatment plants, while the remaining 18% received treatment through NTMWD’s Sewer System.

 

As of September 30, 2015, construction contracts for the Wastewater System totaled over $70 million.

Improvement projects at the South Mesquite Regional Wastewater Treatment Plants (RWWTP) include: electrical improvements; aeration system improvements, phase 1; solids building odor control improvements; operations building improvements; and the screenings handling improvements. At the Wilson Creek RWWTP improvement projects include: filter improvements; solids management optimization and control improvements; electrical improvements, phase 1A control improvements; and improvements to Plant II odor control.

 

Improvement projects for List Stations include: the Upper White Rock Creek Lift Station and parallel force main improvements;; and the Forney Mustang Creek Lift Station and interceptor system; Upper Rowlett Creek and Upper Cottonwood List Station and parallel force main improvements; Richardson Spring Creek Lift Station improvements; and the Renner Road List Station control improvements.

Projects within the interceptor systems include: the McKinney-Prosper interceptor and Indian Creek trunk sewer improvements; Prairie Creek relief sewer control structure flow metering improvements; the Cottonwood Creek outfall sewer improvements; the Cottonwood Creek Outfall sewer aerial crossing replacement; the Wilson Creek gravity improvements, Phase I; the ASAP interceptor improvements, section 2 and 3;  the Upper East Fork Interceptor System manhole improvements; the Upper East Fork Interceptor System Dublin Road relift station improvements; the Upper East Fork Interceptor System Indian Creek/Preston Road force main surge improvements; the North McKinney interceptor improvements, phase 1; Beck Branch interceptor improvements, phase 1; and the Wilson Creek interceptor improvements, phase 2.

 

Additional projects included placement of emergency generators in the Upper East Fork Interceptor at the McKinney Lift Station, the Wilson Creek Lift Station, Plano Spring Creek Npo.2 Lift Station, Preston Road Lift Station, Beck Branch Lift Station and Prairie Creek Lift Station.

 

Sanitary Sewer Overflows

Frequently Asked Questions (January 6, 2016)

 

 

 

Wastewater Treatment
 
Wastewater Flows by Year


 

Regional Wastewater System Members

Allen
Forney

Frisco

Heath
McKinney

Mesquite

Plano

Princeton

Prosper

Richardson

Rockwall

Seagoville

 

Regional Wastewater System Customers

Anna

Fairview

Lucas


Melissa

Parker

 

   
 

Sewer System Participants

Farmersville
Fate
Frisco

Lavon
Murphy

Rockwall

Royse City

Seis Lagos UD

Wylie


 


View the
Wastewater Treatment Process.

 

Click here to learn more about items labeled "flushable."