Public Relations Specialist to plan, develop and execute strategic public relations, communications and outreach for informing key audiences about NTMWD services, operations, programs and projects. Be a part of a high-performing team supporting communications about the regional services of water, wastewater and solid waste disposal. Provide public relations support for major capital infrastructure projects. Responsibilities include: planning, writing and developing content for email newsletters, website, social media, fact sheets/brochures/reports, news releases, presentations, and internal communication. Position requires ability to effectively manage/coordinate simultaneous projects and successfully prioritize multiple tasks with good judgment, maintaining high level of productivity. Solid writing skills with attention to accuracy and detail are a must. Media relations experience working with local reporters highly preferred. Basic graphic design and video editing skills a plus.
- Lead planning and development of strategic content for external and internal email newsletters, website, and social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest).
- Write articles and news to share with city leaders/staff, Board members, employees and general public with ability to translate complex or technical information into easily understood and actionable information.
- Develop messaging, slides, and materials in support of meetings or events.
- Support outreach events and tours, including ability to deliver high level presentations to community groups.
- Develop reports and fact sheets/informational documents (including some basic graphics/charts/photos).
- Participate in and prepare internal experts for media interviews and responses. Pitch media stories of interest and respond to questions.
- Support crisis communication as part of NTMWD emergency response plans and working collaboratively with other agency communicators.
- Assist in responding to public questions by phone, email and social media.
- Monitor regional, national and industry news stories related to NTMWD and share timely topics with leadership, cities and public.
- Position requires writing proficiency and accuracy, attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Digital communications experience required with content management and engagement for social media, website, blogs and newsletters.
- Position requires skills in media relations, public speaking, problem solving and strategic thinking.
- Position requires poise under pressure and excellent communication skills with various leadership levels, civic members, legislative representatives, media and the general public.
- Position requires experience and skill using: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint at a minimum.
- Prefer experience with: Word Press, Hootsuite, Constant Contact, Publisher, InDesign, Photoshop and basic video editing software.
- Minimum of three to five years previous public relations/communications-related experience with portfolio of work demonstrating skill in the areas of major responsibilities above.
- College degree in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, Journalism (or similar field).
- Requires a valid Texas Driver’s License.