As part of our solid waste service, NTMWD manages and operates three solid waste transfer stations and one landfill that are open to the public.
Citizens of Allen, Frisco, McKinney, Plano and Richardson (with a city-issued utility bill that reflects solid waste services) can drop off certain types of waste — including used motor oil and used oil filters — twice per month at one of our four Citizen Convenience Centers. Before going to one of our locations, be sure to review this quick reference guide on what can and cannot be accepted.
View general location map of the four convenience centers.
Emergency or after hours for all facilities: 972-442-5405.
Citizen Convenience Centers
Before You Go
Review our Acceptable Waste Policy to understand exactly what materials we will, or won’t, accept.
Hours of Operation
Transfer Station Hours (open to public):
8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday
Landfill Hours (open to public):
7 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday through Friday
8 a.m. – 3 p.m. Saturday
ALL FACILITIES CLOSED ON SUNDAY AND THE FOLLOWING HOLIDAYS:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Transfer Station Locations
Parkway Transfer Station
4030 West Plano Parkway
Plano, TX 75093
Custer Road Transfer Station
(Entrance on Ridgeview Drive)
9901 Custer Road
Plano, TX 75025
121 REGIONAL DISPOSAL FACILITY (LANDFILL)
3820 Sam Rayburn Highway
Melissa, TX 75454
Transfer Station Fees
NTMWD only accepts credit/debit cards or customer must have a Commercial Solid Waste (CSW) account. A CSW account requires a minimum $500 monthly charge. The transfer stations do not accept cash or checks. For CSW account set up information, please contact us.
- $58 per ton, one ton minimum charge (plus sales tax)
- Additional $150 surcharge for loads containing roofing shingles (plus sales tax)
- Tires only accepted for resident drop off program
NTMWD accepts cash, check, credit/debit card, or the customer must have a Commercial Solid Waste (CSW) account. A CSW account requires a minimum $500 monthly charge. For CSW account set up information, please contact us.
- $42 per ton, one ton minimum charge.
- Additional charge above the basic charge for tires based upon wheel size:
- $5 per tire up to 24.5 inch diameter
- $20 per farm tractor and motor grader tire
- NO LOADER OR SCRAPER TIRES
- Additional charge above the basic vehicle charge:
- For loads containing roofing shingles - $150
- $25 pull-off fee (non-refundable)