In this month’s edition of News Stream, we tip our hat to a few historical milestones at NTMWD beginning in 1953 with our 10 original Member Cities, the completion of the Lavon Lake Dam Expansion in 1973 and the addition of the City of Richardson as a Member City in 1975. Read about the eight North Texas cities named as best places for young families. Learn how to protect your lawns and pipes from freezing temperatures this winter. Read how we guaranteed the delivery of safe drinking water to over 1.6 million people 24-7-365. Read about our new project that harvests and recycles landfill gas and converts it to clean-burning renewable natural gas. Watch a video featuring all our veteran employees who once served our country and now serve the North Texas region.
The holiday season is a good opportunity to defend your drains by recycling your used cooking greases and oils. Learn about upcoming recycle days and what you can to do reduce, reuse and recycle this Holiday Season. Check out all the events and news in this month’s edition of News Stream.
- Nov. 23 Thanksgiving Day
- Nov. 24 (Garland) #OPTOUTSIDE @JBS Wetland Center
- Nov. 27- Jan 8 @NTMWD Cease the Grease
- Hat Tip to Our History
- 8 North Texas Cities Named Best Places for Young Families
- IrrigationOFF: Protect Your Lawns & Pipes From Freezing Temps
- Safe Drinking Water is Top Priority
- Give Thanks for Holiday Workers
- Landfill Gas Harvesting Plant Construction Completed
- China’s Ban on Imported U.S. Waste May Mean More Landfill Waste
- Cease the Grease Holiday Collection Season
- Recycling Tips for the Holidays
- WFAA: ‘Tis the Season for Trees
- North Texas Water Conservation Symposium Recap
- Mapping Success with GIS
- Celebrating Our Veterans
- Guest Blog: Wings Over the Wetland a Big Success
Share this newsletter with your friends and colleagues. Not a subscriber? Sign up now to receive this monthly newsletter from NTMWD and stay in touch with all the latest information.