As part of our mission to provide safe water to drink and use everyday, we temporarily change the disinfectant in its water treatment process for one month in early spring. This month’s News Stream provides information and resources to learn about the annual, routine change that is necessary to maintain the regional system and year round water quality.
There is also information about our newest Director on the NTMWD Board of Directors, Robert Appolito appointed by the City of McKinney, grant funding awarded by the Environmental Protection Agency under the Clean Water Act’s Clean Water State Revolving Fund (CWSRF), and new directional signage pointing the direction to the John Bunker Sands Wetland Center.
- Water Quality Our Top Priority All Year Long
- NTMWD welcomes new Board Director
- Annual maintenance set for March 1 – 29
- EPA awards $72M for Texas clean water projects
- Find your way to JBS Wetland Center for World Wetland Day
- Conservation & business work together for the future
- Virtual Texas WaterTM 2021 to be held March 29 – April 1
Mark your calendar for these events happening within the District and our cities. Double check status with event organizer for any changes to schedule.
Feb 5: Virtual: Grape, Berry and Fruit Tree Propagation Workshop (Collin County Master Gardeners)
Feb 6: JBS Wetland Center Walk & Talk Bird Tour (Seagoville)
Feb 9: WEBINAR: Webinar: Recycling 102 (Plano)
Feb 20: Virtual: Edible Gardening 101 Workshop (Collin County Master Gardeners)