The North Texas Municipal Water District (NTMWD) provides vital water and waste management services to 1.7 million people who call North Texas their home.
Our team of over 750 employees:
- Builds, maintains, protects, stores and conserves regional water supplies.
- Treats and delivers clean drinking water.
- Collects, treats and disposes trash, sewage and other waste.
- Plans for future regional service needs.
Since our inception, we have collaborated with North Texas cities and communities on the design and operation of our systems. This regional partnership has reduced costs, facilitated access to water, wastewater and solid waste services to communities large and small, and streamlined service delivery.
For more than 60 years, NTWMD has operated responsibly, surpassing state and federal standards for water quality and environmental protection. We are committed to providing affordable, safe and reliable services to the people we serve.
Learn more about what we do.
Regional service through unity: meeting our region’s needs today and tomorrow
Provide high quality and dependable water, wastewater and solid waste services in a cost efficient manner.
- Provide superior water, wastewater and solid waste services today.
- Secure the future of water, wastewater and solid waste supplies and services.
- Maintain strong relationships with our partners and those we serve.
- Maintain our infrastructure to provide reliable service today and tomorrow – through emphasis on preventive/predictive maintenance.
- Take care of our people – develop our leaders and workforce, hire and retain the right people, build our bench and be safe.
Core Values - I TRUST
Our core values are represented by terms that uniquely describe how we think of ourselves, what it means to work for NTMWD and how we want others to think of us. These values define our culture. Our cities and customers depend on us to provide superior services, and to protect public health and the environment.
We are relied on to be effective, honest, open and consistent, and to serve our customers’ best interest.
We are honest, trustworthy, transparent and reliable in our words and actions, and accountable for what we say and do.
We treat our customers and each other with courtesy, kindness and fairness.
We do what’s best for our customers and the region – ALL-IN together.
We mitigate risks in our daily activities to minimize accidents, injuries and damage, and protect public health and the environment; we take care of each other so we can fulfill our mission.
We cooperate and collaborate with each other, our customers and partners to meet our region’s needs today and tomorrow.