Our annual Water Quality Report has been released, and it includes important information on the numerous ways we work to ensure your water is safe. In addition to water quality data from 2019 showing we meet or surpass federal and state regulations, there’s information on where your water comes from, our treatment processes and ways we can work together to conserve and protect our supplies.
We’ve got news on some of our Wylie water treatment plant improvements, how low-interest financing from the Texas Water Development Board will save our communities over $160M on the upcoming regional water resource recovery facility project, and the John Bunker Sands Wetland Center‘s summer reopening activities. We also share great tips from DrinkTap.org on ways to manage your water bill while staying home this summer.
- NTMWD drinking water makes the grade
- EPA water quality checklist to reopen buildings
- Water treatment plant improvements
- Awesome regional campaign starting soon
- Recycle more and recycle right
- State low-interest financing saves millions
- Waterworks training program goes online
Community Resources – Pass It Along…
- Get Bois d’Arc Lake updates
- Continue learning virtually
- Lavon Lake reopens recreation
- Wetland Center reopens June 2
Mark your calendar for these events happening within the District and our cities. Double check status with event organizer for any changes to schedule.
June 6: A Walk in the Park (McKinney)
June 10: Family Fun Days
June 11: Project WILD Workshop
June 17: Family Fun Days
June 17: Community Conversations: Energy/Air Quality (Plano)
June 18: Wetland Extravaganza